Friday, June 4, 2010

First blog post!

About me.... I am a first-time Mommy of little David #9, and the wife of big David #8. That's right, 8 and 9. The tradition of naming first born sons "David" goes back 9 whole generations to a clan leader in Scotland. On the bonny, bonny banks of Loch Lomond, no less. As I tell my friends, I'm very lucky the family tradition isn't Leonitus or Icabod.

Baby David is almost 3 months old and perfectly precious in every way. He recently discovered his feet and learned how to giggle - often simultaneously. Here he is, a couple of days ago, talking to a flower.

I have returned to work full-time and I am happy to be back. I don't wish I could stay at home, although I do miss my baby terribly sometimes. I'm just one of those people who needs the constant activity and fast pace of the corporate world.

So... welcome to the Blog! Let's see where this goes from here on out.

3 comments:

  1. I just commented on your other post. Found you through a post on BabyCenter. So glad I did. Decided to check out the rest of your blog.

    My daughter is three months old now. I go back to work in January. I realized after my middle child that, although I'd be okay as a SAHM, I'm darn good as a working mom. Some of us are just made that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spent my evening reading your entire blog. I'm so happy to have found it! It is so informative and I have learned so much. I am not a mommy yet and I'm actually undergoing infertility testing but I hope to be able to practice similar parenting methods one day! :)

    ReplyDelete